Choose a Good Web Hosting
A good website must have a good web hosting first, choose a good web hosting is one of the most crucial decisions you will make for your website. Now, web hosting providers is too more, and some are well known and reliable, also some are poor. With a good you will not face many problems, but if with a poor you will have much pain.
So how to choose a good web hosting?
Here you can find a few pointers below what exactly to look for when choosing a good web hosting service:
1. Uptime guarantee: Look for a host with an uptime guarantee of a 99.9%. In fact, no hosting company can guarantee 100% uptime, but it should not lower then 99.5%.
2. Space and Bandwidth: Don't believe any web host that advertises "unlimited space" and "unlimited bandwidth".Usually you will find that they redefine "unlimited" to be limited in some way, so suggest you to contact they and ask how "limited" .
3. Technical support: Does the web hosting service provide 24x7 supports? Do they respond rapidly to your issue? A good hosting compay should know how to solve any problems you have, and always in 24 hours.
4. Control Panel: Whether it is easy and fast manage your host. Some hosting companys support Demo, suggest you try it before buy.
5. Amount of domain add: If you want to build more websites in one host, you should look to see how many can allow to add, and whether need charge for this.
6. Free domain include: Be wary of hosts that include a free domain name with their hosting package, unless you are certain this domain belong to you. For example, if you will not use their host, whether you can still use this domain, can transfer to another domain registrar?
7. Price and Renewals: The most expensive hosts not necessarily are the best, but price compare is need. Note the Renewals price, some host company first year price is cheap, but renewals price is expensive.
8. Payment and Money Back Guarantee: Most web hosts allow you to select an annual payment plan that gives you a cheaper rate than if you were to pay monthly. If you want save money, I suggest you look to see their Money Back Guarantee, minimum is 30 days as a good hosting company I think. And note another payment question of auto renewals, if you pay as credit card, remember to cancel auto renewals when you will not use their host again.
9. Hosting features: Windows hosting support like Asp, Asp.net, Ms access, Ms SQL. Linux hosting support like Php, Mysql, Perl, CGI, SSI, .htaccess, telnet, SSH, MySQL, crontabs. And general features support like FTP, Email, Data backup, SSL, etc. If you run scripts need special spport, suggest to contact before buy.
10. Reviews: You should make it a point to check out what others have to say about the web host. Like using Google search for honest reviews, and some web hosting talk forum is another good place to check.
In general, i believe you can choose a good web hosting if you do as above.